Giraffes strut. Birds swoop. Gazelles leap. The entire Serengeti comes to life as never before. And as the music soars, Pride Rock slowly emerges from the mist. This is Disney’s THE LION KING, making its triumphant return to Playhouse Square!
More than 90 million people around the world have experienced the awe-inspiring visual artistry, the unforgettable music, and the uniquely theatrical storytelling of this Broadway spectacular – one of the most breathtaking and beloved productions ever to grace the stage.
Winner of six Tony Awards®, including Best Musical, THE LION KING brings together one of the most imaginative creative teams on Broadway. Tony Award®-winning director Julie Taymor brings to life a story filled with hope and adventure set against an amazing backdrop of stunning visuals. THE LION KING also features the extraordinary work of Tony Award®-winning choreographer Garth Fagan and some of Broadway’s most recognizable music, crafted by Tony Award®-winning artists Elton John and Tim Rice.
There is simply nothing else like THE LION KING.
Ticket prices start at $29.75 and run upwards of $175 for premium seating. Prices subject to additional fees. Tix can be purchased in person at the Playhouse Square box office or online via the link below:
Per Playhouse Square’s official site:
All audience members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- “Fully vaccinated” means that 14 days have passed since either the second shot of a CDC or WHO-approved two-shot vaccine or since the administration of a CDC or WHO-approved one-shot vaccine.
- Those audience members who cannot be vaccinated will be required to provide proof of a negative test result received from a completed lab-certified antigen COVID-19 test within 24 hours prior to entering the theater or a negative test result received from a completed PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the theater. The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Home Test (the version requiring a virtual appointment) is an acceptable option. More information about COVID-19 testing is available on local or state Department of Health websites.
- Ticket holders must show proof of vaccination or negative test at their time of entry into the theater with a valid ticket.
- Ticket holders may present proof of vaccination or negative on paper or a smartphone.
- In addition to proof of vaccination or negative test result, all guests 18 years or older must also present ID, such as a driver’s license or passport. Guests under 18 may also use a school photo ID. Guests ages 3-11 do not need ID, but must be accompanied by an adult who meets all of the above requirements.
- Children age two and under are not permitted in Playhouse Square venues at any time.